As I have thought about past Christmas's I have a hard time remembering most of the gifts I received as a child. However, I do recall the excitement of it all. And now, as an "adult" I still have that same excitement for my kids. We have tried to start some of our own fun family traditions, ie: Light seeing, gingerbread house making, etc. We have had a wonderful month enjoying the season.
Logan and Nathan really got excited this year. We wrote letters to Santa and delivered them to him via the Mall. They even got a response from him in the mail!
We had fun family parties, and spent several days in Richfield with our families.
The boys got some great gifts, and the best part of it is that Santa was able to buy this year's christmas gifts by selling several of their other non-played-with toys. I thought I would have a hard time doing this, but it was rather thrilling buying all of Christmas with cash!!!
Christmas morning was so much fun! Logan just wanted to open all the presents, but Nathan wanted to open each toy as he unwrapped it! We had a visit that morning from Grandma and Grandpa Hendrickson...yep...more presents! Then around lunch time we headed to Richfield. Yet again...more presents! Then...grandma had us play BINGO for prizes (more presents!)....It was like the Christmas day that never ended! The boys had so much fun!!
I have taken over 100 photos this past month, so I'll try to condense to just some of my favorites from the holidays!!
This photo has nothing to do with Christmas. It merely explains the kind of child Nathan is. This photo goes well next to the one where my kitchen table is covered with salt and pepper!! Nathan is such a little ham and always loves getting his picture taken!
This is one of our many attempts to get a nice picture of all of my mom's grandchildren....in their sunday clothes. Notice Logan could not leave his church clothes on for the picture!
Adam with his grandma & grandpa Hendrickson
Logan & Mommy
Doesn't get much cuter than these two! They have really started playing together a lot lately. It is so fun to watch!
Christmas Eve pj's and slippers!
My little poser!
Slilly faces & gingerbread houses! This is the easiest way for me to get a picture of both of them together....have them make silly faces!
Mommy & Nay Nay
Nathan enjoying his gingerbread house!
My sisters, neice, nephew, and Logan...aka...The Band!
My dad made these awesome little tables for the boys! Thanks grandpa...we love them!
Christmas Day Smile!
Nathan got Little Einsteins Rocket
Logan got an Imaginex Jungle with many animals
We traded the boys small kitchen for a little supermarket...so much fun!

Just an adorable picture of my little guy!
Christmas Day family photo!
Ahhwwww...how cute!....is Adam giving me bunny ears?!
Our final attempt for a picture of the grandkids!
Ok...so I posted way too many photos, but I have so many favorites. 2008 was a wonderful year and we were blessed beyond measure. I am excited to see what 2009 brings our way!
5 comments:
how fun! looks like you guys had a good Christmas! I wish we could of came up to the Chrsitmas party :(
That looks like a successful Christmas. And, Melissa, I believe you've lost weight??? You look great! Sorry we missed the family party ;0( Apparently the roads weren't that bad after all...
Melisa, where did you get that supermarket, it's adorable!
You can never have too many pictures! (At least that's my opinion). They are all really cute! And I agree, that looks like a really fun supermarket!
Happy New Year to you and your cute family! You guys look great!
Post a Comment