With Adam's last hospital stay lasting 11 days I quickly became a "loyal" customer of the cafeteria. My favorite meal...their breakfasts!
I like to call this the "stat" board. It has all the names and phone numbers of relevant hospital personnel. It's directly in front of the bed so you can stare at it all day long! You can also list your daily goals...like walking and pooping!
Germicidal wipes. How badly I wanted to bring these home! I have been using germicidal cleaner in my house for a long time, but think the idea of wipes is genious! I'm not sure you can even buy these...I have to special order the spray!
The shower set-up is amazing...who wouldn't want one of these in their own house?!
A portable urinal...I think my boys could really use one of these at home. Then they wouldn't have to take a break from various activities to run to the bathroom!
Hospital Mugs....our count is now up to 7....and probably still climbing. I actually left this one there...figuring we had enough at home!
I can't remember what this little puppy is called, but you use it to keep your lungs clear of fluid. For so long I always though you pushed air into it...but you actually suck the air out! Couldn't help bringing one of these home...it's a toy for the kids...right?
Adam's room was in the far corner of the floor...this was on his door. Hummmm....not going to ask any questions on this one!
Sanitizer dispensers every 10 feet....definitely a must. Although...it really tastes bad!
I could also really use a foot pedal at all of my sinks....great idea for in-home use!
And we can't forget the most important part...the patient! If we look tired it's because we had to check in at 6 AM!!!
ps...I forgot pictures of the butt ointment and the smiley-face pain management scale.....such an adventure!
10 comments:
oooh a foot pedal? Genius! What a fancy hospital! We had the cool shower but not the pedal sink. And nobody ever gave me a portable urinal... Adam is so lucky!
Brian loves the hospital cafeteria food too. He never got a loyalty card though- you must be a serious customer!
sink foot pedal..genius! You guys are troopers with all the hospital visits, I'm not sure I could last. I could hardly take it having a baby and being there I was so ready to go home. I'm glad he's doing so well, hopefully with each surgery he'll get better and better:)
Good way to find the positive about the place! Wish I was closer to help out with the kiddos! Good luck Adam, hope all goes well!
You guys are troopers! I should come to you with any hospital Qs I have in the future. Where to go, what to do, what doctors to ask for or what breakfasts to taste! :)
I was thinking later that you should save all those hospital mugs and display them like trophies...
Incentive Spirometer is that blue thing...haha I make pt's use those all the time. Poor Adam, im glad everything went ok!! We havent seen you guys for a long time...and wow alot has happened in your world!! Hope it settles down soon...Let us know if we can ever do anything for you guys!!
You guys are such good sports :)
I just love you and how can find positive when it would be so easy to look around and see it all negative and yucky. Your the best for adam to have keep up the positive it rubs off on everyone.
Hope recovery is going well, we are thinking of you often!
Yeah I've recently seen most of that stuff, accept I definitely took home the mug! Can't have enough of those, the kids like to chew the straw!
Post a Comment