Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Don't Break The Sheep!


I think all mothers have that hidden fear that their child will break something in a store that will cause them to have to whip out their credit card. Well....today was our day. Adam and I decided to take the boys to Deseret Book (they love the book store!) No sooner could we approach the first Christmas display table, then Logan had already dropped a porcelin nativity piece. (Why they have all their nativities at a childs eye level for display is a mystery to me!)

I kept thinking to myself..."please don't let this be expensive....please don't let this be expensive." So....the manager tells us he'll give us 50% off to purchase the set. Oh no...we can't just pay for the one piece....cause it's a set! So...now we have a weird-looking porcelin nativity set that we didn't want in the first place.....and it's missing a sheep!....I guess the sheep is not a crucial piece anyway. After buying an $80 nativity set...I just wish it was cute! I told Adam I would save it and give it to Logan when he gets older! Needless to say the whole way home we talked about why mommy tells us not to touch things in the store....."so we don't break the sheep!"

1 comment:

Melissa Sebourn said...

So cute, I can't wait for these little experiences :)