FYI: Adam was brought to the hospital last week with a blockage. After 4 days with an NG tube down his nose to try and pump his stomach...he ended up going into surgery on Monday. They removed a large adhesion that was wrapped around his small intestine...and a few other small adhesions. He is doing much better, and we are hoping to have him home this weekend.
I check into IMC on Monday for my open-heart surgery. Needless to say we are calling in the troops for support. We thought about post-poning my surgery, but have felt the Lord's hand in the decision to move forward. We couldn't survive this "ordeal" without so much help and support from amazing family, friends, neighbors, and ward members. LOVE YOU ALL! We know the Lord loves us and can feel his hand in our lives every day!
My blogging might be lacking over the next few weeks as I recover...but will be back with guns blazing soon!
The best part of having mom and dad in the hospital?...when grandma comes of course! The boys have thoroughly enjoyed being spoiled! Every toy collection would be incomplete without a bucket of green soldiers....72 and all!
7 comments:
I was going to come visit and then got this terrible stomach flu. I would hate to give it to you guys. Just know I am thinking of you and praying for a fast recovery. We just found out Jake will probably have to have surgery because he completely tore 2 ligaments in his groin. I have been so bummed and down today with that and being sick. Reading your post made me realize I can do this, it will be ok and it could be so much worse. Thank you for sharing your faith and trust in the Lord through this difficult time.
You are amazing Melisa! Good luck with your surgery, and we will be praying for both yours and Adams speedy recoveries!
Melisa, your strength is inspiring! You guys have really been through so much... best of luck on your surgery. We will keep you in our prayers.
Hang in there. You really are something else and I'm so glad we got to go to camp together and that I have your blog to keep track of you!!! I'll check in on you later!
I've been thinking about you guys. I hope all goes well with your surgery and you both have a speedy recovery. Let me know if there's anything I can do, I'm not that far away!
I THINK we are somewhat close in proximity - will you PLEASE email if you need a break, a meal, a ride, anything? Pretty please? Thinking of you!
Thanx for sharing the lessons you have learned. They touched my heart!
Glad to know things went well with both surgeries (yours and Adam's). We have been thinking about you and praying for you frequently.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Duvall's :)
Post a Comment