Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Grader's First Day!

I'm so excited for this little man that I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. He gets to go to American Heritage, a private, LDS school. The spirit there is amazing, the curriculum outstanding, and the teachers are phenominal! I couldn't ask for a better place for my 6-year-old to learn...besides our home of course! Logan was so excited for his first day. We set his alarm clock and he got up all on his own! He didn't even mind the uniform! We packed his lunch, filled his backpack, and we were off!
Nathan was just as excited as Logan was. This is just outside the main entrance to the building.
He almost didn't want to pause for a picture!
What we've learned since the first day:
Going to school ALL day is tiring.
Lunch at 11:15 leaves a lot of time to get hungry.
Mom LOVES clean and tidy classrooms!
Recess is not near long enough.
We get to babysit a real live hamster for a weekend?!! (At least it's not the Boa)
Cool moms bring their kids Happy Meals for lunch!

2 comments:

Emily said...

So... are you the cool mom who brought her kid a Happy Meal?

Heather said...

I can't believe Logan and Taylor are in first grade! I have heard that school is amazing. I wish we could send all our kids there!