Wednesday, April 20, 2011
A Testimony
As a mother I always wonder if the things I try to teach my kids are sinking in. Are they learning all they need to so they can be good "grown-ups?" Am I teaching them the principles that will help their testimonies grow, become stronger, and be able to withstand all that comes their way? Sometimes I am allowed a small glimpse of what our Heavenly Father must feel like watching us grow. This little man tugged at my heart-strings a couple weeks ago. We were in Adam's home ward at church and it was fast and testimony meeting. As we walked into church I asked Logan if he would like to bear his testimony. He quickly responded with a "no." As the meeting progessed I noticed he was watching the speaker intently, and he kept wiping his eyes. I asked him if he was ok and he told me he wanted to bear his testimony. I asked him if he needed help and he said no.
His testimony was so sweet and simple. He said he knew the church was true, knew that he would receive the Holy Ghost when he was baptized, and he knew that his mom and dad loved him. I was a ball of nerves, shaking and nervous for him. The spirit bore testimony to me of just how precious our children really are. I'm eteranlly grateful that Logan has this knowledge, and that he shared his testimony with us that day...I am forever strengthened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There is nothing better then hearing a sweet child bear their testimony! You are doing a great job-thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment