Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Mother In Me

I'm often shocked and suprised at how special I feel on Mother's Day! Why is it that when everyone in the household focuses on you, your heart grows just a little bit bigger? I try to notice all the seemingly "special" things that everyone does for me. Like Adam getting the boys ready for church by himself. The sweet little hugs from Logan letting me know that he remembered it was my special day...he hugged and nuzzled me all day long. And Nathan was so excited just to yell Happy Mother's Day! I recall Easter morning as the boys were finding their Easter baskets...the Bunny had left one with Adam's name. Nathan was sure that if we searched the house long enough there would be one with my name on it too! I realized that it's not just on Mother's Day that I feel loved and appreciated. Sometimes I neglect all the little ways my boys let me know they love me.


When asked what I wanted for Mother's Day it took me a while to come up with an answer. And even though Adam managed to get me a great present...I should have let him know he didn't have to spend any money to make this mamma happy. What I really want...at least for now...is to pause this moment of time....this stage of life. I seem to take notice of the little joys in life easier now. Maybe it's because of a terrifying surgery that put life into perspective. Maybe it's because life is easier when I take things easy. Maybe it's just becuase God is granting me a little glimpse into what the Eternities should feel like with our families.


Some things I have especially loved this past week:


1. My children's fascitnation with blowing dandelions.



2. Discovering a new playground




3. Eating Nutella for the first time.

4. Crafting the world's coolest bird feeder. (we're trying to summon all the robins to build a nest in our tree again!)



5. Discovering that some bugs really aren't scary...and it tickles when they crawl all over your arm...and they won't survive when left in the garage for safe keeping!



I am happy to be a happy mamma!

2 comments:

Danielle Spangler said...

That park looks awesome! Where is it at?

Happy Mother's Day...lucky boys:)

Ryan and Amber said...

I agree - I might need to meet you at that cool park. And isn't it crazy how a couple of crazy years can make you eat up every moment with a couple of crazy cute boys? :)