Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't swallow rocks!


I'm not sure how much detail to give of this picture. This is Adam with the boys on one of his "sick days." Adam had his first encounter with a kidney stone a couple weeks ago. After 3 ER visits, Morphine drips, Torodol shots, and many percocet pills, the tiny little stone had not moved an inch after 2 weeks! We ended up finding a Dr. that would knock him out and take the stupid little thing out! It was a same-day surgery and Adam is feeling much better now. Hopefully we can avoid any more of these. I never realized how much help Adam is to me! Ok..so I realized it all along...I just took it forgranted!


This is my newest and most favorite toy! It's actually not a toy...it is to store toys. We got it from IKEA and I love it!! The bins slide out and you can have any combination of them you like. There is also room for storage on top! It is very sturdy...and I didn't even get the heavy-duty pine one! It is so easy and quick to put the toys away now!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, poor Adam. I have done the kidney stone thing twice now and it's the pits. I can't believe he had it for two weeks! I was ready to kick the bucket after 2 hours.

Cute toy shelves. (By the way, this is Emily Gurney)

Emily Hendrickson said...

HOpe you get better Adam! I love the storage thing. Thanks for sharing. We need to come up with some type of storage. Maybe we will have to come to ikea when we come up :)

Amber said...

I feel your pain!! They are awful. I am glad you are recovering. Aren't dads just the best help??

Niels and Kayla said...

oh man, poor Adam, hope he is feeling better now! And that storage thing is pretty neat! Thats a good way to keep things organized :)

oodlesofoversons said...

Glad Adam is on the mend! I love that storage center. Everytime we are at IKEA I look at it. (Let's be honest, I was there 2x last week!) I love the colors you chose for the bins. Cute!

Boydston Family said...

sorry adam that totally sucks. Hope you are feeling better. The toy bins are really cute, i love ikea!!

Liz said...

Thanks for the comment you left on our blog. I love finding out that other people I know have blogs- it's a fun way to keep up with people. How do you know Kyle and Michelle Christensen? (I saw them on your blog roll- they're on mine too) Michelle and I lived next to each other during college- what a small world!

Emily said...

I hope Adam is feeling better. I hear that is quite painful! Thanks for the tip on the Ikea toy organizer. I need to get us one of those!