Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grateful

To start out with... this is Adam. I don't hijack the blog very often but felt it needed to be done. First off... I love my wife. I know there isn't a better women, mother, wife, nurse, friend, "maid" (her words not mine), and homemaker in the entire world. I am the luckiest man in the universe to have found such a wonderful companion to share this life and eternity with. I can't begin to list the things she has had to put up with since marrying me... specifically my illness and stubborness! Yet, she continues on with unbelievable faith and courage. Melisa.. I love you with all my heart!

These past few weeks have been a real roller coster. Not knowing how or what was coming has been really stressfull at times. I am grateful for my faith and assurance that all is in the hands of the Lord. He does hear and answer our prayers! The power of the Priesthood is real and miracles are happening all around us.

For those of you that read this and are struggling with your own personal challenges. Don't give up! Keep on keeping on!! Rest assured that He knows us and our individual worries and that he hears our unspoken pleas for help.

I have gained a great appreciation of the importance of enjoying what the Lord has given me. I never know what tomorrow may bring... so it is so important to tell those you love how much they mean to you.

I hope you will forgive my personal testimony post. I am so grateful for all of the concern and prayers offered in my little families behalf. We love our friends and family so very much!

3 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

GREAT post, Adam! Thanks. Sometimes we all need reminders of that! And I personally love that you quoted the Brady Bunch...keep on keeping on!

Ryan and Amber said...

Hey Hendricksons - We are thinking of you! We're fairly close to you guys so let us know if you need anything at all! :)

Doug and Steph said...

Adam, hang in there bro. If you remember, when I got out of the hospital from my illness during my sophomore year, you guys were there for me and my personal babysitters pretty much at state b-ball. So in retrospect, thanks man. And if you ever need anything at all don't hesitate to ask. You're a warrior bro!
Doug