This is a shout out to my main man! As I sit here watching him sleep in his hospital bed I am amazed at his strength, courage, and unfailing faith. You see, what many of you don't know, is that Adam has been suffering from Ulcerative Colitis for the past 9 1/2 years. He has been refractory to all forms of treatment. We have tried steroids, anti-inflammatories, homeopathics, teas, enemas, infusions, special diets, colon-cleansings, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on and on. Nothing has helped his symptoms. This past Spring he had a routine scope, where his Dr. thought she perforrated his colon. He was admitted into the hospital. We then started discussing the option of having his colon removed. His Dr. said his colon was one of the worst she'd seen. We spoke with a surgeon, and then it was put on the back-burner. Through a chain of small miraculous events, we made the decision to have it removed. So..here I sit at the UofU Hospital watching him sleep. Sleep is something he has been deprived of for a very very long time. Getting up 6+ times a night to go to the bathroom makes it hard to sleep very well. He had his colon removed last Thursday, and the surgery went well. It is a long recovery process, and has been a hard few days.
I am in awe of the complete miracle of life. I am in awe of the knowledge and skills of many Dr.'s. I am in awe of the love and support I feel from so many family, friends, and neighbors. I am in awe of the peace that is able to encompass me amidst such a hard trial. I am in awe that Heavenly Father knows us so well that he knows what will strengthen us as individuals and as families. I am in awe that it is possible for the human body to function without one of its main organs. Tonight...I am simply in awe!
As I think about the struggle that is ahead for the next few months..I am so excited for Adam...to finally have his life back...and to be able to live it...not merely survive it!!!

This was taken the morning of his surgery! Strangely enough...neither of us were nervous! I love you Adam!!!
12 comments:
Oh my goodness! We will be praying for you guys! That is rough but you know - you and Adam will pull through with smiles! Thinking of you!
You guys are amazing! Please let us know if there us anything we can do for you! We can put my Santa away - if Nathan wants to come play :)
Hang in there Adam. I wish there was something we could do. Our prayers are with you and your family.
YOUR FAVORITE HOME TEACHER
DAVE
Holy Cow! I am so sorry you guys have to go through that. What can I do to help? Do your boys wanna come over and play?
It is crazy how the body can work and cope...good luck and a speedy recovery
Get well soon you guys and have a Merry Christmas.
Love the Stott's
Get well soon Adam!! What a crappy thing to have to go through, but now at least he can start the recovery process. You're a great wife and mom Melis!! We will keep Adam (and your family) in our prayers!
SO glad that things went well. I loved your post. It made me cry. Love you guys! We'll keep you in our prayers!
Thanks for sharing, it is others experiences as well that help us grow. We are thinking and praying for you. Tell Adam we love him!
Hope all is going well and the recovery is smooth! Our thoughts/prayers are with you guys.
Dear Adam,
My wife Suzanne and I are friends of Maria Sharon Samona, in fact have known her all of her life. I had a 46 year history of ulcerative colitis, so have empathy with you. Last summer I had my colon removed, finally, and have done very well since. Will you be able to have pouch procedure done in the future? I hope that all goes well with you as it did with me. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through Maria. I can certainly understand what you have gone through, and as a young man you will probably recover faster than an old guy like me. Take care and hang in there!
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Hope that all will stay well and that Adam will have a speedy recovery!...jennalee
Post a Comment