2 weeks before Thanksgiving our house was infested with Swine Flu. Here's the gist:
Adam: Took him to E.R....didn't test for swine flu. Later took him to Dr. and got Tamiflu anyway.
Logan: Didn't get to Dr. soon enough to have Tamiflu be effective. Took him to Dr. again...also had pnemonia....Took him to Dr. two days later...pnemonia was worse, had double ear infections, and was dehydrated. He had to be hospitalized for 3 days!
Nathan: Came down with fever...took him to Dr. to get Tamiflu. Mom couldn't take care of him while he was sick because she was at the hospital with Logan. Called grandma for re-inforcements. The day I brouht Logan home from the hospital I noticed a rash all over Nathan's body. Took him to insta-care. Yep...strep throat...oh ya...and we'll throw a little scarlet fever into the mix. What? I thought scarlet fever was something you only saw on old western movies!! So...put him on antibiotic.
Melisa: Not so much as a single sniffle!! I'm glad I was given super immune system for those two weeks!
Luckily we were all healthy and happy just in time for Thanksgiving!!

Logan perked up on day two of his hospital stay.....so glad for the Wii!
Green Toe (oxygen monitor)
Poor little guy! He was, however, thrilled with all the awesome stuff he got while at the hospital!!!
1 comment:
oh my gosh, what a horrible few weeks! I am so sorry. You are so lucky you didn't get any off it. We are blessed as mothers for that reason I believe. In the worst of it all I rarely catch what everyone else has...and if it do its once everyone else is well. We had 2 kids get the swine flu too, it was horrible, the high fevers were so bad.
Glad your kids all recovered well. take care. Sounds like you have had a rough time since Thanksgiving. Hope Adam gets feeling better soon and you can all enjoy a wonderful Christmas together!
Post a Comment