Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birds of a Feather!


Mother birds nesting is done....that means time for baby! I think she had triplets! We noticed daddy was back to help feed the little things their wormies. Way to go dad!

On the way to the park today Logan stumbled across these...in the middle of the lawn...un-protected.


Then we noticed her....she was not happy with us taking a peak. I fear for these little eggs, but I know we're not supposed to disturb them. I'm not sure how they'll stand up to the lawn mower.....or a little curious neighbor kid. I told Adam we could put up a little fence...but that might just draw attention. What about when the little things hatch? Who will protect the little guys? This is not a field mama bird...it's a park, with lots and lots of children! I guess we just have to let nature take it's course!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've seen your robin out worm hunting in our yard. Nice to know our worms are going to a good cause. Could you tell Daddy Robin to build a nest at our house next time? Well maybe you can keep them, I wouldn't want you to turn into empty nesters! (ha ha ha)