Posing for a last day picture!
Friday, June 3, 2011
1st Grader No More
I remember Logan starting pre-school like it was yesterday. I remember feeling completely "alone" in my house without him. I remember worrying about him during Kindergarten. How on earth would he ever figure out how to go to the bathroom by himself? I remember crying his last day of kindergarten as I spoke with a teacher who had a heart of gold (it takes a special woman to wrestle that many 5-year-olds every day)! I thought this day would bring tears, but it didn't. I only felt a small sense of relief that the school year was over. I felt worry about how I would keep the little gears in their heads working all summer. I felt so much gratitude for such a magnificent school that my boys are able to attend. Magnificent...seems like a silly word, but I can't think of any other way to describe it. If there were ever a place I would rather have my children be then in my own home...it would be this school.

Logan's teacher this year was truly an angel! Nathan loved her too, after spending so much time in her classroom! We love you Mrs. Soderstrom!
Logan was so thrilled to receive so many awards on the last day of school. Mrs. Soderstrom awarded him the "Bravery" award. He started out being so shy, and has grown so much over this past year. Way to buddy! We are so proud of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think they are excited to be on their way to SUMMER! Cute little smartie pants'. :)
I love that they gave Logan the bravery award. Awesome! I agree, he has grown up a lot this year.
Post a Comment