Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Hoopla!


So..I've never been quite sure what Bunnies have to do with eggs, but it's a fun tradition. We had a fun Easter, and the boys got to particpate in 2 egg hunts. We had one at the park in our neighborhood, and one at great-grandma Parker's house with some of the cousins....or is it 2nd cousins....or maybe 1st cousins once removed....ah well...what difference does it make? They are my cousins children. Anyway...I think I get the meanest mom of the year award becuase Nate was sick and I made him hunt for eggs anyway. Thursday night he woke up with the croup...only we had to take a trip to the ER to find out that it was croup. (But hey...Steve Youngs brother was our Dr.!) Who knew that when your coughing so hard that you can barely breath that you should hurry and go outside in the cold?! Go figure! Anyway...he had the terrible cough, followed by 2 days of fever, and then lots and lots of yucky stuff draining out his nose. Needless to say we weren't able to attend church on Sunday. I don't think the boys even noticed...what with all the goodies and fun Easter basket stuff. Logan was a natural at finding eggs!


This is Nathan trying his best to be excited about the Easter egg hunt!

We have had 2 days of 60+ weather, so we have been living it up in the backyard and at the park! But then there's that awful "dirty little boy" smell! What am I to do? And why exactly is it fun to pour sand in your hair...I'll never understand that one. I always find dirt in the most interesting places! However, I am looking forward to summer...the boys have so much fun outside, and it is easy entertainment. (No...Logan still won't sit on his new bike!)







4 comments:

The Barclay Family said...

They are so cute! It looks like you had fun. Get used to the "dirty little boy smell" it doesn't gets was worse the older they get!!

oodlesofoversons said...

Looks like you had fun, despite the bout with the croup! Yes, it is soon turning into "baths every night" season. Oh, and as a sidenote....girls totally stink too!!

Emily said...

I sure hope Nathan is feeling better. We found out on Monday that Connor has a bad ear infection. It's never fun when your kids are sick. It was great seeing you this weekend!

Lindsay said...

Oh - you definitely get the meanest mom of the year award!!! =)
That is so crazy that you know Brian & Emily Gurney. Ask Brian sometime how he feels about Ideal Dairy Cheese (which sadly no longer exists). Tell them hello for me!