Thursday, May 15, 2008

Girls Camp Madness!

Yes...it's true...I am once again in charge of Girls Camp for our ward. Out of my leauge?....totally....and completely out of my rhelm! Although I enjoyed camping when I was younger, Adam and I have NEVER been. I missed my boys terribly last year, and called home every morning and every night. I suspect this year will be no different. And so it begins...the meetings, the planning, the purchasing, the deciding...etc....etc.....etc. It is so much work, but a lot of fun. I feel that this calling stretches me far beyond my capacities, and for that I am grateful. Hopefully this year I will get it right, so that someone else can have this marvelous opportunity next year!

This is our group from last year after our amazing game of flour tag with the bishopric!

3 comments:

J,B and K said...

My mom is the stake camp director and my sis is the camp director in her ward....I wonder if its cause we are super cool and grew up in a 'camping' like town?? Sounds like fun but a lot of work!

Emily Hendrickson said...

That is so fun! Are you going as a stake or ward? I was the ward camp director last year and we just went as a ward. It was by far the biggest calling I have had so far, but the most rewarding! It is so neat to see the Lord's hand guiding you along! Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

oodlesofoversons said...

Ok, that makes me a little sad and jealous, I admit! I did it 2 years ago and it is SO much work, but so totally worth it and fun! Good luck!