Monday, August 4, 2008

8 Years?

It's hard to believe Adam and I have now been married 8 years. Today is our anniversary! Ok...so get the tissues out now....I am so thankful I married the man I did. Adam is a devoted husband and father, and my best friend. There are so many things I love about him! In celebration I thought I would do a re-cap for all you who don't know our "story!"
Adam and I started "dating" when he was a Senior & I was a Junior...in High School. I asked him out on our first date as a favor to one of my friends. She was asking someone from another school that knew Adam. I asked him at a National Honor Society meeting by writing on a piece of paper; "Will you go to TWIRP with me? Check yes or no." Very creative...I know. That's all it took for him to fall madly in love with me!

Our first date! We really liked each other...promise....just wanted to make things a little more interesting for the picture. Check out our fancy shoes!:)

Our second date was Christmas Ball. Once again...girls choice! Maybe I was being too pushy!

This was Preference...not sure Adam had too much fun by the look on his face. This was also the first time I met his parents....4 months after we started dating!

This was Sadie Hawkins! Sadly enough I think I picked out the green shirts!

No High School romance would be complete without Junior Prom. I am sporting nice bare arms, and lots of bangs!

Adam was nice enough to take me to Homecoming even after he had graduated. He even got a nice new fancy shirt for the occasion....with help from his sister!

Adam left for his mission right before I graduated High School. He returned the end of May. We were engaged in 2 weeks, and married 2 months later. No need to wait!! I'm not sure what we were thinking for this photo. We got engaged on the top of the Teton Mountains. This was that same day in Jackson Hole. Adam makes a great gun-slinger...don't you think?!!

Our Wedding Day! August 4, 2000!

Happy Anniversary Adam! I love you!

8 comments:

J,B and K said...

Congratulations! I remember those days and those pictures. Way to go!

Hillary said...

I didn't realize your story was so much like ours. Brian wouldn't come back to HS and take me to any dances. There were a few that he and sisters helped me get ready to go to without him. :( He also left right before I graduated and returned in June of 97, we were engaged in 3 weeks and married in 2 1/2 months! I'm with you, why wait? We are up on you a few years though. Anyways thanks for the trip down memory lane. Congratulations!

Amber said...

Happy anniversary you two love birds! I love that you have so many dorky pictures!! I am so glad that we have this blogging thing to keep each other posted with so many miles between us :(
Miss you already!

dust and kam said...

Happy Anniversary! I can not believe it has been 8 years. That means it has been over 8 years since we have been roommates. Crazy, crazy.

Bohn Family said...

Ok - so that means your crazy neighbor not only flooded your back yard on Adams birthday but also on your anniversary! I sure no how to pick the days... Sorry!!! Hope you have an awesome day!!! You guys are so cute together! - geri

Lindsay said...

Congrats! I recognize some of those pictures too! We certainly wore stylish clothes back then, huh?

Doreen said...

I love the pictures, and big bangs are making a comeback, I swear they are. Congratulations on 8 years. You guys are a cute couple.

Stott Family said...

All I have to say is WOW!
Congrats