Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Motherly Endurance

Nothing tests my endurance quite like having a sick child. And not just one, but two + a sick husband. Seriously, do they all have to have it at the same time? Why? Why? Why? And...I get so angry when their sick...it really brings out the worst in me...ask my husband! And why have I been spared? Just because I am the mom? That's not fair...why can't I just lie in bed all day?! I have been up 3 nights in a row now...I am quickly being reminded of how draining a newborn is! And here I sit typing away while my two-year-old is gabbing my ear off about how much the neighbors dog likes him and wants to play games with him! Seriously!
Anyhow...Nathan seems to be perking up...since 5:30 this morning...no more fever, and eye infection is clearing up! At least he wasn't vomiting.
Logan started last night with a sore throat, and he DOES NOT TAKE MEDICINE. He kicks and screams and gags, and most of the liquid Tylenol ended up all down his neck! Then...he doesn't want us in there, so we listened to him cry nearly all night long. Oh, but then at 5 am he was in our room crying and showing me what was on his arm...yep...puke! All over his rug...hey, at least it wasn't on the carpet! I feel fine about throwing away a perfectly nice rug!!

Hey...Nathan is reciting the alphabet...when did he learn that?

Anyway...here's to another long day...sorry about the rant! Things will be better soon!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yikes! Hang in there, Melisa!

oodlesofoversons said...

Yes, days like these are always a test of our patience. Sydney had a bladder infection last week and after I got her back to school, Drew got strep. So pretty much nothing got accomplished last week. Good luck!!

oodlesofoversons said...

p.s. Drew hates taking medicine too...so now we give him pills. He hurries and swallows and we're done. Do you think Logan will take a pill?

Ryan and Amber said...

Oh Geez - You are a SAINT! Puke on the arm....ahhhhh I'm about to puke right now! Hang in there!

J,B and K said...

I don't know how mom's do it. Just reading your post exhausted me. Good luck!