Monday, March 9, 2009

My little Logan


Long story short....we took Logan to an ENT. He has to have his tonsils removed...they are very swollen, affecting his speech, making him snore at night, causing him to gag on his food, etc. etc. Since he snores at night he most likely has sleep apnea, thus the bags under his eyes. Did I not notice all of these things? Where have I been the last several months. Yes...I knew he snored at night...thought it was normal. I have known he gags on food, especially meat...thought it was just cause he didn't like it and had a strong gag reflex. And his speech?...just thought that was the way he talked. The Dr. said he sounds like there are marbles in his throat when he talks. Aren't I supposed to have something called "mothers intuition"? Where has it been? Did I loose it somewhere? His surgery is not scheduled until the end of April. We believe it will make a world of difference with his health and his eating habits. I'm sure we're going to have to teach him how to eat again. I always thought he was just a bad picky eater, but apparantly he doesn't eat because he has such a hard time swallowing. The Dr. said he will sound different when he talks..kind of like Mickey Mouse...that should be fun! And he will have a growth spurt.
I am hopeful, and yet feel terrible like I have been neglecting him for so long. Good news...he does not have Strep...been tested twice in one week. Oh, and I don't recommend the Penecillin shots...they are very painful and leave a nasty tatoo! He has such a hard time taking meds, but we got a antibiotic that is just a 3-dayer...so hopefully we can get it down him!...he still has an infection in his throat.
Anyway...I feel like it's been a whirlwind here the past couple weeks. I just want my little boy to be healthy and happy! I count my blessings every day that it is not something worse!:)

This is how Logan cleans his room. He sets up all his animals on his bed! He is such a good helper and loves to do chores and clean! I hope that lasts!:)

4 comments:

Shaul Family said...

I'm sorry about his tonsils. How scary. This is not your fault. They wanted to take out my 6 yer olds about a year ago, but then the pediatrician decided against it, but he doesn't have the eating problems, except the reversal. He eats so much. HAHA. Anyway, sorry to hear. When are they taking them out? I probably wouldn't have noticed in my child either. Good luck!

oodlesofoversons said...

That is sad, but I'm glad that you found out what's going on. he will be much better after!

The Barclay Family said...

That's too bad. Poor kid! Hopefully it will help him. My sister snored when we were kids, and she had her adnoids out at about age 5 or 6. It helped her a lot!

Bohn Family said...

My little neice that is almost 5 just got hers done last week too! She is already doing better! I hope he does awesome with it! Let me know if you need anything!