So today has been "one of those days." While I am still waiting for my children to fall into sleepful bliss...I am reminded of that talk that the General Relief Society President gave(I can't even remember her name right now). You know...the one titled "Mother's Who Know." Anyway....here is what I know:
I know that if mom wakes up in a bad mood and doesn't start the day off right it throws everything and everyone off.
I know that if mom is in a foul mood...so are the children.
I know that hollering only leads to more hollering.
I know that if you try to drag your children to a shoe store when things are already tense...it will not end peacefully.
I know that if you let your children watch cartoons all day without supervision, they will inevitably end up catching at least a glimpse of Sponge Bob Square Pants.
I know that if you let a 2-year-old run around the house naked hoping he will potty train himself...he will only pee on the carpet....several times!
I know that if you try to drag your kids to a restaurant for dinner after having a relaly bad day...the waiter will be slow...the kids will holler at other patrons to stop talking....and of course fight over the crayons.
I know that some kids might not be fully potty-trained by Kindergarten.
I know that I may never go on cruises, and the most exotic place I may travel is my own backyard garden....and that's ok.
But most of all.....
I know that at the end of the day I love my children and they love me....and that's all the really matters!
5 comments:
I love your list!
Julie Beck. And AMEN. Nicely stated. And even when we know some of these things, we still try to pull them off...
Congrats to you for keeping your cool throughout the entire day! I swear - all Moms are SAINTS!
Totally true! I can relate to your list totally. Your kids will love Disneyland! (Ours do anyway) The problem is that Disney knows everyone loves them and they don't give good deals on tickets :( The only discounts I know of are Military-(someone has to be in the military and buy them on the base) We just try to save money on hotels, bring our own snacks, and eating meals outside the park helps too!
I love when I read posts like this one that I can relate to so well. I have those days more often than I want. I hate the restaurant ordeal it happens every time. :)
Post a Comment