I think Adam really likes this part of being a dad. Last weekend he got to take both his boys to the Father's and Sons outing. They had a ball. They got to climb a big rock mountain, throw rocks into the Jordan river, and play frisbee! Next year they just might get up the nerve to stay overnight in a tent...if we had a tent!
What did I do while they were gone? I went to my new favorite restaurant by myself. I thought it would be thoroughly enjoyable, but all I did was watch all the other moms with their kids and wish mine were with me...ok...maybe not, but it was kind of lonely. Then I ventured to the grocery store. Being there by myself was so weird...and quick!
I know my boys are so lucky to have their daddy!
2 comments:
How fun! It's kind of nice that your father and sons outing leaves you alone, but I get your "lonely" bit. You finally get time to yourself, but it's bitter sweet. I went through the same thing when I went to the mall by myself last night. I think it's more fun with a girl friend! Darrin failed to tell me it was father & sons this past weekend...he HATES camping. So props to Adam!
Melisa, you should have gone to arby's with us! What is your favorite restaurant? Let's do a girl's night sometime.
Post a Comment