Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lesson from the smurfs


Ok...so Nathan is watching the smurfs this morning while I am doing my hair. Picture this: Smurfette is raking leaves while baby smurf if playing in them.

Surfette: Oh baby smurf...it's so hard to get anything done while your here...I just raked all those leaves!

she continues to rake while baby smurf crawls towards the river. Of course she grabs him just as he topples off the bridge.

Papa smurf enters...

Papa smurf: Smurfette? I thought you'd have all these leaves raked by now. (in his mind he's thinking "what have you been doing all day?")

Smurfette: Oh Papa Smurf!

Then he redeems himself

Papa Smurf: Smurfette...I'll take baby smurf. Why don't you go rest...you do more than your fair share around here anyway!

....seriously....that is exactly what he told her!

Oh the lessons we can learn from cartoons!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love the smurfs! What channel is it on? Who knew they taught such great lessons!

Ryan and Amber said...

If I'm learning the moral of this story correctly it is that I deserve a nap for mowing and cleaning for the last three weeks while hubby has been away. Right?! :)

oodlesofoversons said...

Congrats on the camera. You can't do wrong with Canon. I love that you captured this smurf episode. Hilarious!